You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a AIT Web Site. AIT Web Sites may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Web Site.
Information we collect automatically on AIT Websites.
AIT Web Sites may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting a AIT Web Site;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within AIT Web Sites;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to and viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and sites (for example, on our pages on Facebook), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third-party services (such as Facebook, Google or Twitter) through an AIT Web Site, or if you access an AIT Web Site via a third-party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services.
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the AIT Web Sites.
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service or as otherwise required by law.
AIT is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
Please note that we may share information with advertisers. We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings. This sharing of anonymized or aggregated information will not include information that could be used to individually identify you.
You can choose to enjoy content and features on AIT Web Sites without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on AIT Web Sites.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular AIT Web Site or service by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the AIT Web Sites, such as service announcements.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device.
You also may choose to opt out of our use of data that we collect about your visits to our business partners’ sites to customize advertising that we serve. To opt out, email us using our Contact page.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using AIT Web Sites but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
AIT is headquartered in the United States and has affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the AIT Web Sites may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in another country may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any AIT Web Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
Most AIT Web Sites are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. Some AIT Web Sites may ask for a birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken in connection with information collected from children under 18. In those instances where an AIT Web Site has actual knowledge that it collects information from or offers a service directed toward children as defined under applicable laws, it will comply with those laws.